Saturday, June 7, 2014

Here we go again......another lay-off!

Found out that a friend got laid off! In today's economy (or any economy for that matter), it doesn't seem to matter how long one has been working for a company, job security is a thing of the past. It used to be that if you worked for a big company, or had been working for one for a long time, that your job was pretty secure. Even government jobs were pretty secure. With all the changes taking place, security is vanishing faster than people are willing to admit. But, not all hope is lost. There is still security out there. More and more people are realizing that being self employed is more secured that simply being employed.

They are realizing that “Security is seeing the boss......in the mirror!”

But, being self-employed can also have its drawbacks. I've done the “from scracth” starting of a business. I did the big investment, althought less than $20,000 isn't necessarily considered a big investment but for me that was big! I DID deal with the overheads such as electric bills, insurance, rent, account payables, etc. And then......I decided to do it the smart way!

Now, with very minimal investment, no more overhead, great tax benefits, flexibility, and I can give myself a raise whenever I want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment