Saturday, March 8, 2014

Getting Older......And LOVING IT!


Everyone wants to be healthy. Well, that's not true! I had one lady tell me that she didn't want to get well because she didn't want to lose her financial assistance. Those of us who want to be healthy, want to be so for different reasons but sometimes we focus too much on “the today” instead of long-term health. Here are some reasons that may be why you want to be healthy..............


  1. To Feel Young and Energetic. When we are young, it is easier to keep going and going and ‘get over’ little sleep, too much bad food and skipping exercise.  As we get older, it gets harder for our bodies to bounce back.  I want to feel energetic and feel young, at every age.
  2. To Ward Off Disease and Health Problems. When we abuse or don’t take care of our bodies, it can shows the other side of the coin......disease and health problems as we get older.  Taking good care of yourself can help you to ward off diseases and give us overall better quality of life.
  3. To Be Pain and Injury Free. Being healthy also means being able to stay active and maintaining an exercise regimen to keep your body strong, thus lowering your risk of injuries to your joints and chronic pain.
  4. To Travel and See the World. Personally, I love to travel and I plan to continue seeing the world no matter how old I get! Being healthy makes it a lot easier to fly, walk, get on and off trains and deal with some of the small inconveniences that go along with travel.  That said, the rewards of seeing the world make it all worth it!
  5. To Have Low Medical Bills. Chances are, the healthier you are the less likely you will have to go to the Doctor’s office, even for the minor things. Our habits today truly impact how we will feel and look 20 years from now.
  6. To Dance the Night Away. I love to dance and the idea of dancing the night away when I’m 100 makes me giddy. I can actually picture myself dancing under the disco ball, while my kids go “Moooommmmm! That's so embarrassing!”
  7. To Feel Good about Yourself. Being healthy often means feeling good, both inside and out, which helps our self-confidence and self-esteem.
  8. To Do Things You Love. Taking care of ourselves allows us to continue the activities that we enjoy and that keep us young!
  9. To Play. The shell may get older, but the spirit stays young. When I look in the mirror, yes, I can see that I am almost 40, but at the same time I still feel like a teenager! I love it! The theater is one of my playgrounds. Where do you get to play?
  10. It is Natural Prevention. Staying healthy is the best form of prevention for today and tomorrow's tomorrow!
There are so many reasons to want to be healthy.  It can take definitelly work, but..... the rewards are endless. 


So, why do you choose to be healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment