Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dinner & Music with Casablanca


If you want an evening of great food, Boston Basil's is a great pick (check out the menu http://www.bostonbasils.com/menu/Basil%27s%20Menu%20dinner%20menu.pdf ).

If you want an evening of great food and great music, then go when Casablanca is playing! http://sites.google.com/site/casablancahawaii/home/schedule or book them for your private party.

We sat upstairs so as to enjoy the live music with our dinner. Casablanca plays there once a month so it was perfect timing for my friend to visit and ended up running into other friends. Sure was the place to be. The breeze coming through the open windows was just perfect......cooled by the evening rain. There was a birthday celebration and we all enjoyed an awesome “Happy Birthday” medley, to which, of course, we got to sing along. The whole evening was filled with laughter, excellent food, and music that takes one back in time.......at times! I got a kick from hearing Cole Porter's “I get a kick out of you” and surprised myself that I remembered almost all the words. I did hear it quite a bit when we did “Anything Goes” at the Aloha Theater but that over a year ago. 

And, for the food. All I have to say is Delizioso! We enjoyed every bite and had no room for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment