Friday, August 5, 2011

WAIMEA ~ Picnic at the Park with the kids



Waimea town has a lot to offer but today was a day of playing and relaxing. I'm glad that I make my own schedule and can have some extra fun with the kids before school gets back into session. Driving up the old highway, my ten year old exclaimed “Wow! Look at the view!” to which his best bud replied “Halleluyah!” It sure was a beautiful view. The coastline was well defined and the air so clear that we could see Maui, the next island over. As we got closer to Waimea, we could see which side is the dry side and which is the wet side simply from the colors of the hills. What a cool sight! Arriving into Waimea, the old paniolo town, we made a stop at the grocery store for additional picnic munchies. After all, we had packed some food but with kids it is always fun to go shopping for extra snacks and drinks. And, I just had to go to my favorite coffee shop at the Parker Ranch Center and claim my free birthday drink, a venti white chocolate mocha......Yummmy!!!!!! From there, we were just a few minutes away from the park where we got to relax, eat, and play. Wether you want to spend the day (or part of it) at the park, or maybe just make it a rest stop for the kids to get out of the car and stretch their legs should you be driving to the Hilo side, the park is a nice place to hang-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment